One of the best things to do when visiting San Diego is to sample their local food fare. And there are a lot to try! The local food scene in San Diego, CA is so diverse that one will never run out of exciting food trips to take whenever out and about in this city.
Here are some must-try dishes in San Diego, California:
- Guava Cheese Pastry – Guava what? Yes, Guava Cheese Pastry is the perfect breakfast accompaniment to locally-roasted coffee. And why not? The gooey cheese in the flaky pastry is perfectly complemented by the tangy guava paste that will surely make anyone a convert! Have this dish at Azucar in Ocean Beach
- Duck Fat Fries – This takes potato fries to a whole new level. And this is really addictive, to say the least! Have your fix at the SearSucker and taste this fries that is rendered in duck fat, lending it an awesome flavor.
- Double Bacon Cheeseburger – Have this specifically at Hodad’s if you really wanna feel like a San Diegan. This restaurant has been featured in television shows simply because of the deliciousness of their signature patties! This sandwich that has a crispy fried bacon on top of the yummy patty and gooey cheese is already an iconic delicacy in San Diego, CA.
- BBQ Ribs at Phil’s BBQ – This restaurant takes “fall-off-the-bone” deliciousness to the extreme, with super delightful customers spreading positive reviews about this entrée like wildfire! Enjoy the delicious ribs, and the sides that fully complement this glorious meal.
- Guacamole Nogada – Guacamole is a staple in San Diego, California so naturally local eateries have their own versions of it. Puesto’s version is a must-try. The website Thrillist lauded their Guacamole in one of its articles. “Going more than a few weeks without eating guacamole in San Diego is crazy, especially when you can get kicked-up versions like this one from Puesto, made with pomegranate, green mango, chile de árbol, tomato, and candied walnuts.”
- Red Velvet Waffle – Talk about having your favorite dessert for breakfast. The Red Velvet Waffle is perfect for both occasions. The best version that San Diego has to offer can be ordered over at Kitchen 4140 in Clairemont. The toppings of this oh-so-delectable breakfast fare include: candied walnuts, applewood smoked bacon, frosted with creem cheese and enveloped in cherry syrup.
So there you have it, those are just six of the best tasting food San Diego has to offer which EVERY visitor must try.